Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW transmission capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 730-mile route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- May 31, 2017: USFS issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
- Jan. 17, 2017: WAPA issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
- Dec. 13, 2016: BLM issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
BLM and WAPA are joint lead agencies that prepared an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. USFS was a cooperating agency. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Meeting our nation's energy goals will require developing extra-high voltage transmission infrastructure that is needed to bring clean, renewable energy from areas where it is produced most efficiently to areas where most of our nation's power is consumed."
- John Wellinghoff, FERC Chairman, 2009