Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW transmission capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 730-mile route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- May 31, 2017: USFS issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
- Jan. 17, 2017: WAPA issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
- Dec. 13, 2016: BLM issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
BLM and WAPA are joint lead agencies that prepared an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. USFS was a cooperating agency. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Renewable resources can be the lowest cost sources of electricity on the grid – and their fuel is free, so transmission that accesses renewable resources is very effective at reducing consumers’ electric bills and the volatility of electricity prices."
- AWEA/SEIA Green Power Superhighways report, February 2009