Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW transmission capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 730-mile route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- Ute Tribe, TransWest collaborate for successful construction of the TransWest Express Transmission Project
- Casper Star-Tribune Editorial Board: “Don't add barriers to wind energy”
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"A number of peer-reviewed studies have documented that the aggregate output of wind and solar plants spread over a large geographic area is much less variable than the output of plants clustered into a small area. Thus, a more robust grid can significantly reduce the cost of integrating wind and solar power with the grid by allowing larger power flows between regions as well as making it possible to access renewable resources from a greater diversity of areas."
- AWEA/SEIA Green Power Superhighways report, February 2009