Critical grid infrastructure to connect the West
By the numbers
- 730 miles of high-voltage transmission infrastructure consisting of two systems: a 500kV direct current (DC) system with terminals near Sinclair, Wyo., and Delta, Utah; and a 500kV alternating current (AC) system from the Utah terminal to Boulder City, Nev.
- $3 billion estimated cost
- DC system terminals to be phased over time from 1,500 MW to 3,000 MW of transmission capacity
- April 19, 2019: Wyoming Industrial Siting Council approves state permit for the TWE Project
- Dec. 19, 2018: Carbon County Commission approves TWE Project conditional use permit
- Nov. 2, 2018: 3 open houses in 2 counties inform public about the TWE Project
BLM and WAPA are joint lead agencies that prepared an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. USFS was a cooperating agency. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"We have to connect... the wind of the plains with the places where people live."
- Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior, 2009