Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 725-mile proposed route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- TWE Project environmental analysis continues to move ahead
- “The Final EIS is anticipated to be published in September 2014.” - From the BLM Wyoming “NEPA Hotsheet, April 1, 2014.
- NREL economic analysis commissioned by WIA confirms significant benefits of Wyoming wind for California
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Across America, farmers and ranchers and forest landowners are seeing the beginning chapter of what will be a long-term challenge posed by a changing climate. This problem is not going to go away on its own. That’s why America must take steps now to adapt."
- USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack, June 2013