Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 725-mile proposed route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- BLM/Western publish fifth EIS update newsletter
- TWE Project environmental analysis continues to move ahead
- NREL economic analysis commissioned by WIA confirms significant benefits of Wyoming wind for California
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Wyoming is taking center stage in being recognized for its true world-class wind resource potential as an electric energy source. The key to its development remains the construction of major high-voltage transmission lines that must be built to move this sought-after product to market."
- Steve Ellenbecker, former director of governmental and external relations for the Wyoming Infrastructure Authority