Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 725-mile proposed route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- “The Final EIS is anticipated to be published in September 2014.” - From the BLM Wyoming “NEPA Hotsheet, April 1, 2014.
- NREL economic analysis commissioned by WIA confirms significant benefits of Wyoming wind for California
- Our archive of 2013 Draft EIS public meetings resources is now online
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Renewable resources can be the lowest cost sources of electricity on the grid – and their fuel is free, so transmission that accesses renewable resources is very effective at reducing consumers’ electric bills and the volatility of electricity prices."
- AWEA/SEIA Green Power Superhighways report, February 2009