Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 725-mile proposed route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- BLM/Western publish fifth EIS update newsletter
- TWE Project environmental analysis continues to move ahead
- NREL economic analysis commissioned by WIA confirms significant benefits of Wyoming wind for California
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"A robust transmission grid provides consumers with access to lower-cost electricity. On a severely constrained transmission grid… consumers are forced to rely on local power plants even though plants in other regions can produce power more efficiently and at lower cost."
- AWEA/SEIA Green Power Superhighways report, February 2009