Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW transmission capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 730-mile route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- 7 years of sponsorship at UAC annual convention
- BLM, Western publish Final Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project
- BLM/Western publish fifth EIS update newsletter
- TWE Project environmental analysis continues to move ahead
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Wyoming is taking center stage in being recognized for its true world-class wind resource potential as an electric energy source. The key to its development remains the construction of major high-voltage transmission lines that must be built to move this sought-after product to market."
- Steve Ellenbecker, former director of governmental and external relations for the Wyoming Infrastructure Authority