Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 725-mile proposed route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- TWE Project environmental analysis continues to move ahead
- “The Final EIS is anticipated to be published in September 2014.” - From the BLM Wyoming “NEPA Hotsheet, April 1, 2014.
- NREL economic analysis commissioned by WIA confirms significant benefits of Wyoming wind for California
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"To accelerate the creation of a clean energy economy, we will double our capacity to generate alternative sources of energy like wind, solar and biofuels over the next three years. We'll begin to build a new electricity grid that lay down more than 3,000 miles of transmission lines to convey this new energy from coast to coast."
- President Barack Obama, weekly address, Jan. 24, 2009